It’s been pretty rough in my personal life since last week and to add to things my monthly showed up yesterday and you know what that means…
Having menstrual pain makes dealing with stressful personal issues even tougher.
Thankfully, the hubs and I concocted a tea for menstrual cramps that really works!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1in x 1in piece of ginger root chopped
- 1 tsp Garcinia Powder
- 1 tsp Maca Powder
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves crushed
- 1 tsp olive oil (or sub with butter)
- .5 oz dried Chamomile Flowers
- re-useable tea bag
Bring approx. 12 oz of water to a boil and throw in your sliced ginger root and turn down to med-low heat, pour in your olive oil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, take your crushed mint leaves, maca powder, bagged chamomile flowers and garcinia powder and place them in your mug.
Once your ginger has simmered for 20 minutes or so, pour the hot ginger tea into the mug with your powders, flowers and leaves and let seep until it’s cool enough to drink without burning your mouth.
You can also add some type of all natural sweetener to your tastes – I usually don’t sweeten my teas.
Give the tea around 15-20 minutes to kick in and start soothing away your cramps.
In regard to my tough week + weekend…
I’ve been fighting hard not to fall into a depression – I don’t feel as if I am, thankfully, but it’s still tough to stay positive and centered in the midst of trials.
I’m thankful that I have been disciplined when it comes to eating right and doing my daily yoga and my daily gratitude prayers at sunrise and sunset as well.
It helps me a lot and I am certain is what is keeping my moods from sinking too low.
There are moments though, that I feel sad and negative about things, but I understand this is just the process I am going through to get past it, make sense of it and learn from it until it passes – because it will pass!
I may not have all the answers, but I know that time heals all things so right now, time is my friend and I am going to try embracing this experience and make decisions on my future with a calm and gentle heart.
I’ll just keep eating good and clinging to my yoga – my refuge.
Not to mention, keep drinking this tea!
- Gratitude is what got me here (gerberlama.wordpress.com)
- It’s Yoga Time (chelseyvarkel.wordpress.com)
- Religion with Ragini: ‘Gospel yoga’ offers different kind of religious experience (mywesttexas.com)
- Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Menstrual Cramps (crazeeheads.wordpress.com)
- Menstrual Cramps: 6 Home Remedies (medicaldaily.com)
- Stop Menstrual cramps Pain naturally (swamiramdevmedicine.wordpress.com)